Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Originally an Ork Kommando, with the axe replaced with a wrench and a KFF built from plastic tubing, guitar string, floral wire, and bits of a DC motor.
A lot of experimentation went into this model. I'm not terribly satisfied with the results on the metal and leather areas- I think a wash + highlight would probably be more effective than the wash + wash method I used. Still, it's not bad enough to require repainting.
I wanted the focus of the model to be on the character, since he's supposed to lead my army, rather than the force field itself, so I used drab, dirty colors on the KFF, but more vivid skin and shirt to draw the eye to them.
As well, I realized that in order to keep the focus on the character himself, I'd need to do something with the face, so I gave him gem-like eyes that also received a coat of gloss varnish after painting.
And for color choice, I decided that my army will be primarily black/dark grey, with the light blue used as an accent color. To that end, I made the shirt blue. When most models on the table will have just a hint of blue in an armor plate or on a vehicle, the blue shirt and blue parts of the KFF (thanks to washes much duller/darker than the shirt) should point out that he's not just another rank-and-file trooper.
So all in all, I don't think it turned out badly. I'd rather not strip the model since the conversion work is fiddly, and there are things I'll improve for future models, but all in all I think it works.
And to show what else I've been working on:
This model has just two conversions- I'm really in love with the Biker kit. The obvious conversion is the chopper-style extensions on the front struts. Right now it's just bare tubing, and while I'd like to detail it I think the usual Orky rivets might look out of place- any suggestions would be appreciated. The other conversion is the power klaw. The default piece is held close to the body- not good for a dynamic pose! So I snipped off the Klaw, and cut up the Biker arm with a chain, and glued it on. Easy conversion and no Green Stuff required, and I'm very happy with the pose.
As usual, all comments appreciated.
If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.
Nice, I like the models. The first looks cool and well painted. I have some issues about the colour choice or rather the use of the shade. To me the colours blend together to much, its hard to pick out the details, you have used the same shade more both the green and blue and also the shade (brown) is really lose to the metal (great metal by the way) this blur everything together and make the model stand out less. As he is a important model I had liked him to stand out more. Still it looks like a solid paint job.
The biker looks cool, its a simple conversion but it looks good. Also the base will lift the model, it will be interesting to see it painted
Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
(first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
For the bike, I personally would coil some wire around the struts to simulate Spring style shocks... Of course that might have required a smaller tubing bracketed by the larger tubing at the ends.