Knarloc, Stormlord and tau veh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Knarloc, Stormlord and tau veh

Ok im quite happy with these but please tell me what you think and how to improve:

Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Knarloc (with dead SW)

I got the stormlord and it is magnitised to make all 6 types, i can also easily change the flamers to HB or even take of the sponsons

My other tau veh - the seekers are all magnitised

Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not terribly experienced painting (miniatures anyway) but it might be prudent to thin your paint more, and do more coats until you get the flat color you want, i feel like the paint turned out mottled and a little chunky in some areas, it's most noticable on the Tau units you've shown, you've also painted a darker color into the recesses, this might be a stylistic thing, but it seems to be hiding the detail, it might be a good idea to thin down that dark color a LOT and do washes to fill those cracks with a darker color, instead of painting right into them.

but yeah, over all i think the paint is just a bit thick, you see it most where the light is playing on the models, the white highlight from your lamp, or whatever lights source is mottled, and not smooth. if that's what you were going for then more power to you, if not, definitely think about thinning down your paints more next time, and doing thinner washes over it more to get to that color.

what kind of primer did you use?

hope this helps at all!!!

-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

thanks - i have started to try using thinner paints to see what i get - will work on improving that - using the black to line out the white on the tau veh i saw on another persons veh and liked and i was happy with that - i have used a watered white on alot of the remaining joins to show them.

thanks for the feed back

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Agreed on the thinned paint. Not sure if you undercoat you rmodels before painting but it really helps. A white undercoat for your Tau tank with the other colours painted smoothly would really work well.

Also, for the black lines and any bits of black freehand you may want to do an easy method is available. Get yourself a technical fine liner pen. They come in various widths (and colours) and can make life very easy indeed fore lining models.

+ Reply to Thread