Wings for some Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wings for some Nids

Hello everyone.
    I have been meaning to add some wings to a Tyrant of mine but ran into a minor setback...
    Could anyone tell me which wings are the most appropriately sized for a Tyrant? I have to drive about 2 hours to get to the nearest Gaming Club that sells GW products and about 4 hours to get to the nearest Games Workshop so I am unable to find this out for myself (without enormous amounts of time set aside for this specific task).
    I was perusing the GW site and I feel like the Balrog or Dark Elf Pegasus wings would work the best but I have no size comparisons.

Links to the wings:
    Morathi on Dark Pegasus | Games Workshop
    Balrog Wings | Games Workshop

Or if anyone happens to know of some superior wings I could use?

Any help is much, MUCH appreciated. It will save me much gas money and time. And thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

simple answer- barlog wings.

But if you wanna find another manufacturer and get some bigger ones, go ahead. Epicly huge wings look great on nids, and all maner of warhammerey stuff. The bigger the better!

Cheers
    -DDW

P.S. I'll try to find you a couple of links to some other wings
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Your first linked set would probably look better on a warrior. The second is the most common set used for flyrants.
    Games Workshop
    Here are a bunch of order able wings from GW, but try to stick to the ones that are made for dragons. If you are unsure of size, try to google the respective models they were made for.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Yeah, JH does have a point, the dragon wings apparently work well too, and according to the golden demon rules (and apparently tounies), you can't use LotR parts on warhammer models because of New Line Cinema's IP laws (GW gets a taste of their own medicine)

if you're not entering any comps, go right ahead with the barlog wings because they are quite large.

Cheers
    -DDW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like and use the dragon wings. I have seen both, so its all up to preference. I like the fact that the dragon wings are not spread. It makes the balrog smaller too. It is already big enough imo.
    However my model is on the ground. If you want to do a conversion which is an "in flight" tyrant then balrog wings is the way to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of a Tyrant diving feet first ready to land on some poor soul as he descends from the sky.
    Either that or his wings up in alarm as he turns to face a newly discovered threat to his side.

So I think I'ma go with the Nightmare wings now. I do not foresee myself entering a painting competition in the near future, though, or at least one sponsored by GW...Guess its time to close my eyes and pray for the best.

Thank you all for the ideas and responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be cool looking, but i feel like the nightmare wings might be too small. Maybe bloodthirster wings? It has a pretty strong chaos feel to it though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Barlog...

+ Reply to Thread