Ork Shirts and other "Under " torso bits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

Ork Shirts and other "Under " torso bits

How do people normally paint ork shirts? I've seen everything from brown, to clan colors to bright red. Personally, browns always looked a bit... off to me (foundation brown). I switch off between blue (For my death skullz) and brown.

The real problem I have is that I assemble everything first, then paint. Sometimes I cant paint parts of the mini, but I don't think that matters, since those parts are the ones people will only see once they REALLY closely examine it.

I guess my question is: How much detail do you guys put into those kind of parts of a model when painting an army (not a vanity piece or w/e)? I normally do one or two well in a squad, realize that will take forever if I'm that meticulous, and resort to a technique I call "Indiscriminant brown" , although sometimes its blue. Anyone else find themselves using this master technique?

I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

2. Remove Advertisements

Glasgow, Scotland
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

I use a mix of citadel browns (Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown, Snakebite Leather, Bubonic Brown, Vermin Brown, Graveyard Earth and Dark Flesh ) and Blues (Regal Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Enchanted Blue) for my dethskull clothes but sometimes its a good idea to have some black ones instead. What about greys (Shadow Grey, Codex Grey, Fortress Grey) and Colors like Kommando Khaki, Desert Yellow there other colors are a great alternative to brown.

Its good to even give him a quick run over with a foundation washes they make my clothes look that little better better and Mayby add a highlight of lighter brown. Its just your call really how far and Long you want to work on them.

+ Reply to Thread