Chaos Sorcerer WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Sorcerer WIP

So I got struck by a random spur of inspiration, and decided to try my hand at some conversions using green stuff. I had a few chaos marine parts lying about and I wanted to make something flashy. Here's what I've come up with. Like the title says, it's a WIP. Comments and critiques appreciated. Oh, and sorry for the crappy image quality, my cameras MIA, so these were taken on my phone
    (Also, I can't seem to get the 'insert image' button to work, is there a trick to this? In the meantime, here's the links)

*Edit, got the images working, thanks to Leech and Paint Mokey

Last edited by Rahz; March 20th, 2010 at 02:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think that is good. The green stuff cloth is a nice touch and it is well done too. I think you could make his shoulders more impressive by giving him some shoulder pads.

I'm not sure why the 'insert image' does not work for you. I do it by first deciding where the image will go and then I copy the URL of the image I want with the right-click button on the mouse. I then go to my post and select the spot I chose for the pic and then use 'insert image'. The pic is then pasted into 'insert image' with the right-clicker again and then it can be put into the post. Hope that helps.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

If you replace the URL with IMG then it will work fine. I like the streamers but maybe you could drape them a bit more so they appear dragged back by the wind. It will make the guy look like he's flying forwards. Good looking model, though.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do intend to put shoulder pads on him, I even have them picked out, but I'm going to leave them off for painting, it's getting a little cluttered for my mediocre painting skills to handle. As for the cloth trailing back, I was going to do that originally, but i decided to try to make it look like he's shooting up into the air, and not moving forward so much, if that makes sense. I had a lot of fun with this model, so I'll probably do something similar at some point, and maybe try the streaming cloth idea then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I like what you've done here. What are you using when working with your GS? I've noticed quite a few people's work where the GS looks as though its got a shine to it, whereas mine just looks like its got more of a matt finish to it.

How did you go about doing the robes? It might benefit my conversion I'm working on if I can get them right
    Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V3xx View Post
    I like what you've done here. What are you using when working with your GS? I've noticed quite a few people's work where the GS looks as though its got a shine to it, whereas mine just looks like its got more of a matt finish to it.

How did you go about doing the robes? It might benefit my conversion I'm working on if I can get them right
    I use a lot of water when working with GS, not sure if that's what makes it shiny, but I also notice that when I sculpt using my fingers, it tends to be a bit dull. I get the GS to the basic shape i want it, then use sculpting tools to finish it, again using lots of water to keep my tools lubricated. I tend to 'push' theGS into the shape i want it, so i do a lot of 'polishing' just rubbing my tool back and forth very lightly so as not to change too much.
    As for how I did the robes, they're not really robes, just a strip of cloth hanging down. I just rolled out a sausage of GS, then used a cylinder to roll it flat, trimmed up the edges (plenty of water so it doesn't stick to my surface or my rolling pin, otherwise it stretches when it's pulled off) and waited 5 minutes for it to set a little bit before twisting it into place.

Hope that helped mate, and thanks for the feedback

- Rahz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Very nice work! The GS cloth look very smooth and consistent in shape.

+ Reply to Thread