Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Had a craving to run a Tyrannofex in a game last week, And instead of using a proxy I just had to try and model something up.
Uunfortunately I had none of the new carnifex models available to me and I had to figure out something with what I Had.
Ended up using a Old One Eye model for the base body, His crushing claws and a set of monstrous scything talons for the legs.
For the Rupture Cannon I used a reaper autocannon off a defiler as the base, attached 2 of the old metal venon cannons to the side on angles, in between the barrels of the reaper i used a grooved plastic tube used to mount screws in drywall, Mushed up some greenstuff to fill in the gaps and give it more of a bloated sac/bioweapon feel, Added some tubing to the underside, and some plating from the hormagaunt sprues and the chest plate extra from the trygon kit.
It does feel a little small to me especially considering the size of the newer carnifex kit, However it still roughly 6 inches x 5 inches, its too big for the large oval base and just fits on a cd.
I did end up oainting it, But its not finished. It's missing something and I cant seem to put my finger on it. So until I can figure out what it needs its still a wip.
Thanks for viewing, c&c is welcome and appreciated.
That is good. It's interesting where you have put the gun, I think it looks goods that way. That is also a good way of putting one of those old metal Rhinofexes to some use. If you think something is missing it may be an extra set of limbs. Most Tyranids have six limbs and this one has four.
I am considering adding some cut down ripper's along the barrel of the gun close to the chest area to sort of emulate the thorax swarms. I dont think i could fit an extra set of arms on it as the old fex models only had the 4 arm sockets and 2 leg sockets.
Since I used the leg socket/pelvis joint to mount the cannon I am severely limited in arm placement (without it looking silly at least).
Adding some rippers shouldn't muss the paint too much as the majority of the cannon itself is just washed a few times and easily fixed it altered.