Display Case / A place to sit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Display Case / A place to sit

Hello all,

Just looking for some advice. Between various games, I usually 2-3 armies I'm painting (or at least trying to inspire myself to paint). What I've typically done is have them all out on different shelves of a bookshelf, boxing up an army to go when I'm ready to go play. Having the mini's out tends to motivate me to paint more.

It's been pointed out to me that a bookshelf is pretty inefficient for this. The 12-15" of overhead space isn't really needed.

What do you guys do? Build something to your own specs? Have you found something that serves as an easy yet cheap display case?

Just looking for people that have figured this out already... thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to leave them in a safe visable spot as my bed room has a few shelves or spots i can put them saftly but atm my models are in a carry case

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Big carry cases, or batallion boxes with bubblewrap in a stack for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Not sure where you are located but Ikea has several glass cases that are under $100. I have one that works good. The only issue being it isn't airtight and dust can get in...

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

55lfI've looked into display cases extensively. The only economical options are mass produced plastic cases. Most model car cases are pretty small and most sports mem cases are too tall. There is a company called imex that makes a model airplane display case out of clear acylic. The base is either clear or shiny black. I didn't find any at the local craft stores but the hobbytown usa near me sells them for 16 each. They are 12.5in by 10.75in I think and like 5.5 inch high. U can buy them on amazon for about 20 including shipping. Not many other options that I have found. The imex cases are nice and u can buy a few and stack them. Imex display cases

+ Reply to Thread