[Contest] Spammies Modelling Contest VII - "Meeeediiic!!!" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

[Contest] Spammies Modelling Contest VII - "Meeeediiic!!!"

"Meeeediic!!!"

This theme is, "Meeeediic!!!" as chosen by the winner of the previous contest, Andusciassus.

My idea for the next conversion idea is "Meeeediiic!!!" I think the title says it all really. I know not all races have medics per see in their armylists but I think they still have the need for it. Maybe not necrons or tyranids, but they are allowed to shout "Ressurection oooooooorrrrb!" or "...klickeyklicketyklegkleg...dribble!". So, they cacn usr tombpiders or whatever...digestionpools?

People entering have one month in which to design and convert a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, The winner will get a banner for their sig if they want it

1.) Models from any manufacturer are allowed.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models converted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 700 pixels (as per the normal LO rules).

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered un-sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion.

9.) There should be little paint on the model. It must be possible to clearly see any modelling putty, or cuts made,.

The closing date is the 2nd May at 23:59 GMT

So just post your completed entries here before the deadline.

It is possible to earn extra votes. If you include a tutorial then I will add 1 vote onto you total, and if it's unpainted, another vote will be added.

FAQ:
    1. Is it too late to enter? No it isn’t until the deadline above is reached.
    2. How do I enter? Just post a link to a photo of your mini in this thread, preferably it should follow the LO rules for such things, as it is a bit of a hassle for me to resize stuff and re-host it, but I can if you don’t know how.
    3. The Prize?! Get to choose the next theme! You will also get a lovely shiny medal from Kuffy. For all the other participants, your prize is experience and fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Medics? I wonder where that idea came came from

I guess I can't enter a model I've already invented in a previous contest for this. Soooooo, I'll just have to build another. Wheres Col. Corbane got to? He should like this one.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

If he joins he might take out the competition, with medical modelling experiance already

Ah, I don't want to join in this one, but I am subscribed anyways!
    Last edited by Hive Fleet Ruina; April 4th, 2010 at 20:13.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

I really can't think of what I could enter for this one...
    Maybe a digestion pool?
    I may go for a painboy, outta the spare AoBR Orks I got...
    I really don't know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Why not a warrior-sized "harvester" creature, that moves through the own swarm and picks up and absorbs organic matter and makes heals to wounded, vital beasts so they can keep fighting?
    I'm thinking something inspired by the FW Malanthrope, with lots of tentacles and hooks.

Oh and I might enter this. Got a medic conversion planned for my Deathwing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x2)

I've already added my painboy to the previous contest .. it would have been perfect for this one. I dont think im gonna make another one though so i wont be entering the competition this time im afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to be in! Time to finally continue on a little project I always had

Edit: No paint at all? Oh, sweet! Painting would cost me points, so that's just dandy for me :p
    Last edited by ISwearImHim; April 6th, 2010 at 15:04.
    Okay, so now I have no signature. Great.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Ah. My undead guard will get a medic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

I'm in. Got a nice little broodlord diorama type thing started with a couple of IG who definately need a medic. Aaaaand thats about as far as this theme is going to fit my model but I've really wanted to enter one of these so I'm gonna give it a go anyways. Slight amount of paint on the Broodlord (painted the carapace when it was on the sprue) but nothing else and you can still see all the cuts and so forth. Can't wait to see the other entries .
    And now my bitter hands cradle broken glassOf what was everything... - Black by Pearl Jam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am normally not one to boast but...the idea I just had is going to BLOW YOU ALL AWAY! WHOOO!
    Okay, so now I have no signature. Great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast