Hephaestus Genestealer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hephaestus Genestealer

So her is a genesteaker in my fleet colours. I've tried a blue wash on the body to make it stand out from the carapace and painted the eyes green.
    I really like the base I've done here but all thoughts are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I like it, and I know the pink divides opinion but I think it works well- really emphasises the 'otherness' of the nids you've done.

The base to me looks a little bit more like hot coals rather than a lava field (although i'd like to see it in a bit more detail) but it works well with the miniature, and should be good spread across a whole army. Personally I like to paint an accent colour on the rim of the base, as I feel this helps tie the army together- this is more of a personal choice though as a lot of people like plain black.

next I want to see either a big gribbly beast or a whole unit!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot coals is fine. Wanted it to be a mix for dark and bright like the model itself is. I'm happy with the black rims though.

Want to finish a unit of 8 of these guys before I do an MC. The units are boring so the MC will be a nice reward for me.

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting, i think perhaps painting the armour plating/bone on the back a lighter color might look pretty cool and brighten up the model slightly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the idea is that the armour is a brighter metallic depending on the saving throw for it. 5+ for the genestealers means that it wont be too bright. I have the scheme that 6+ will be tin, 5+ is gunmetal, 4+ is chainmail, 3+ is mithril.
    If anyone has a better idea I'm open to suggestions

+ Reply to Thread