First week of Painting. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First week of Painting.

Here is my First Miniature.

To make it clear I have no clue about the rules or the game its self, I prefer the painting side of 40k

Hints & Tips would be grateful

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/921...217/wolvey.jpg

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

First miniature EVER???

Not too shabby, my friend! Pretty well done there. You seem to have the basic techniques down. I'm sure you've heard all the advice about properly thinning your paints, using washes, drybrushing, etc.

If there was a "complaint" I could come up with, it's with the color choices on the fur pelt and cape. They are too alike. At first glance, it's hard to tell the difference between the two. A common practice is to make sure you have "warm" (red, yellow, orange, almost any shade or brown, white, etc.) colors alternating, and thus contrasting, with "cool" colors (blue, green, purple, black, most grays, etc.). On this model, the armour is a "cool" color, but everything else is "warm." It might have made more sense to do the pelt in a white or gray wolf color. Then, on looking at the rear of the model, the colors would alternate.

Still, this is an advanced gripe, and I'm pretty much TRYING to find something wrong. Overall, I gotta say, well done indeed! keep it going!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Very excellent job for a first time project. This is certainly table top worthy for the hobby stores I frequent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Hi guys, thanks for the hints and compliments,

Canew: Thanks for the tip about color scheme, got me thinking. I am gradually learning the techniques of dry brushing etc, My main challenge is the face and highlights. Hand shakes all over the place!

Chaos Wrrior: thanks man, Im glad u think its table top quality, great confidence and skill booster!

Prior to this mini, i was painting non stop for a whole week, so to say accurately its not my first mini i painted but my first completed one.

Thanks Guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x2)

I think he looks good for your first completed mini. The only big complaint I got is about the base. A base covered all with grass just don't look good. Use sand and the some dots of grass here and there. Just keep going and you will be surprised how much better you will get in a short time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Almberg, I agree, it would be more fitting, I thought to have gone with some snow but i did not have the equipment, Since I'm also impatient,I couldn't bare to see an empty base and so I chucked in the grass since I was so eager to finish it.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread