White Scars WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate my paintjob

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

1 3.70%

3 11.11%

7 25.93%

11 40.74%

3 11.11%

1 3.70%

1 3.70%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Scars WIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White Scars WIP

Hello my dear friends.As I have promised I am starting new White Scars army.This army will be about 5555(it is now 5000 but unpainted) pts.I will use Blood Angels codex.This army will have Titan.I will post new picture every 5-7 days.I am painting them like white scars just because I like their painting scheme.I want to create a new chapter,this chapter will have background like souldrinkers have.I want to make the chapter of the 21 founding( quite new,m42.007).Sanguinius is their primarh.They are not heretics.In an epic story of heroism,corruption and betrayal chapter master Constantine leads his chapter to victory.Constantine and his battle brothers have realized that imperium is doomed and they leave imperium.They start to build big space marines army(using chaos space marines armor sometimes)....I just dont know hoe to name them.I want to have name with angels(I mean Angels of death ect).White armour symbolizes their purity and red armor symbolizes their primarh.What about Angels of Retaliation.So here is my first marine I have already posted this photo.
    Sorry for my English

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

He looks pretty good. The white is solid and clean, as is the red markings at the bottom of the armour. He looks really good. As a White Scar. I am sorry, but he just looks like a White Scar - too much like one in my opinion. The scheme is great but if you want to use that for another army, I would look at either bringing in a new element to differentiate between the two chapters or change something on the mini - the red markings perhaps?

Painting wise, I see no faults with this guy (except his chest icon doesn't look as clearly defined as the rest of him), the only problem I see is that his scheme is too similar to that of the White Scars.

Kuffy

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you post a slight larger brighter picture, taking a picture with a white background seems to help with this, otherwise it looks pretty clean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But how can I change my painting scheme to make Angels of Retaliation without removing red and white

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest i dont even know what they look like so i cant help with that one

Undersecretary of Decay Radioactivejack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it not supposed to be a White Scar? I've never heard of Angels of Retaliation either, so I dunno 'bout that. As far as the model goes, I would say that white is hard. I would never choose to paint something white if given the choice, so I think you did ok. Although we can't see everything in the pictures, I think you missed alot of opportunity for details with the bolt pistol and chainsword. The model as a whole kinda feels incomplete.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKota View Post
    I am painting them like white scars just because I like their painting scheme.I want to create a new chapter,this chapter will have background like souldrinkers have.I want to make the chapter of the 21 founding( quite new,m42.007).Sanguinius is their primarh.They are not heretics.In an epic story of heroism,corruption and betrayal chapter master Constantine leads his chapter to victory.Constantine and his battle brothers have realized that imperium is doomed and they leave imperium.They start to build big space marines army(using chaos space marines armor sometimes)....I just dont know hoe to name them.I want to have name with angels(I mean Angels of death ect).White armour symbolizes their purity and red armor symbolizes their primarh.What about Angels of Retaliation.
    Judging from this, EvilKota is wanting to do a DIY marine chapter, using the White Scars colour scheme. He asks at the whether the name Angels of Retaliation is a good name for them. I do not believe they are an exisiting chapter. That is what he was asking.

As for using the same colours as White Scars, that is fine, I think you just need to have a play around with the layout. You don't want them to look the same as White Scars, could get confuising.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.I ll post some more marines pictures in 5 days.And what if i make back pack crown red,Also i can make eagle black or red.
    Last edited by EvilKota; April 11th, 2010 at 22:00.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

The fluff is crazy, how are they going to get all the material and worlds that they need to maintain such a quest? The techmarine training would be difficult too, as all techmariens are trianed on mars. This will need some epic fluff!
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ll think on fluff a bit later.So do you have any ideas of how can i change this painting scheme.I want them to be red and white i need your help really.And what if i add some more reds for example fists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast