Tau scenery - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau scenery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Tau scenery

Ok this is my second attempt at making scenery with the first one falling to pieces, so please keep that in mind when being critical.

I think i used the wrong plaster and it seems like the loft insulator stuff i use needs to be kept over 1cm wide.

Attached Images
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

oh and i was going to a new clean look to it but realised i wasn't gonna get that so went for a part destroyed look.

Thinking of inserting card with the same tau symbol on both sides into the whole in the center.

The writing on the side is from the transfer sheets (hand painted but the idea taken from the sheet). - no idea what it stands for. I just liked the look

oh - its just on a piece of kitchen role - thats not part of it lol

Oh and i have also built it to have blue lights put down the middle at a future stage (the carved out bit running down the middle - best seen from the top)
    Last edited by Rafici; April 13th, 2010 at 18:15.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    133 (x2)

Foam can be fragile for small sizes, you can always insert a wooden dowel/skewer into it for strength.
    I have used plaster on white polystyrene foam and found it to stick very well, just need to make sure its applied thick.

Like the lights idea, going to use Ultra bright LEDS?

Bugbait out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Good start steve, lets see if we can have a whole tau board to play on :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

I wish - i hope to have time to improve this but i dont see any more being made till half term - hopefully i can make a couple then - Maybe a chance on the bank holiday.
    Need to find ideas - first one is gonna be more of a dome with iro cannons or railguns on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Keep your eyes open for anything domed or curvy before you put stuff in the bins, any interesting shapes painted white with a few doors, guns, ariels, logos etc could look good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Ok was playing SS missions and the tau have the space cannon thing - quickly took a print screen as this looks worth making.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337 (x6)

would be interesting to nake. What we need is an expert in making DoW themed terrain, now where would we find such an expert... hmmm... oh wait, look, there is Bugbait, an expert in DoW scenery! Any suggestions?

I also wonder if the top of this dalek bubble bath I happen to have could be made into tauy scenery?

Last edited by matus; April 15th, 2010 at 23:02. Reason: spell check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    133 (x2)

When I made my DOW armoury I created a game and made all of the buildings close together, then used the in game screen shot to take a view from above so I could get a good size comparison between them, then made another game with the buildings spread out and got side on screen shots.
    I printed out the top and side views, the first scale desicion was how tall to make the sides of my Command HQ (that is still unfinished but thats another storey) I wanted a plastic terminator to fit in it, that was used to then determine the size of the base for that building, and can now use that scale multiplier when making other buildings in that set using the first top down view as the start point.
    Make sense?

Bugbait out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Thanks - that sounds really good - what do you think about the HQ building with half of it caved in i lan on all buildings having a destruction feel.

+ Reply to Thread