An idea for my Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Corona, CA - USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

An idea for my Orks

I've got an idea for some Orks I plan on painting, but I'm unsure as to how to approach this.

I thought about doing something out of the ordinary in their main colours (other then the apparent green skin). I was thinking of going the route of yellow and blue or green(a green, lighter then the color of the green skin) and blue.

Now, if that does sound good to you, and could be done in a way where it wouldn't be looking cartoony or 'clown'-ish in it's appearance, then what colored inks (as I dont have the GW Washes as of right now) would I use for the yellow and blue or the green and blue depending on what sounds better to you? (Note: I have the old GW inks, including the black, yellow, green, sky blue, red, brown, etc.)

From my understanding, to make an ink a 'wash' somwhat like I did on my first model is I add some ink and then did it to about 1:15/ 1:20 ink to water with then adding a little soap but to the point where it doesn't make bubbles or cause the ring effect within the palette mix. Is this correct as well?

Now for the green skin, I can try to figure this out. I don't have any of the new colors as most of these colors were bought a while back when I felt for the hobby but never really got into it; so I don't have colors like thraka green( if this is how you spell it).

EDIT: I also have primed him using the GW White primer, seems to look well on the model.

Last edited by Rodian; April 13th, 2010 at 22:46.

+ Reply to Thread