WIP Golden Demon Diorama - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIP Golden Demon Diorama

Evening all LO's,
    For a good few months I've been planning and making (very slowly) a diorama piece for Gamesday, below is the basic plan, I do have the images of both models built but I can't get the images onto this post as they are too large. How do you compress images in "Mb" size anyway? "Model 1" is a modeled fallen angel and "Model 2" is a converted Space Wolf-Wolf Guard with a "Saint Celestine" model over a storm sheild . So what do you think? C & C appreciated.

Attached Images
    1st Combined Regiment. Contains Tallarn,Cadians, Catachans,Valhallan,Attilan,Armageddon Steel Legion and Vostroyan. Most Kills in one turn: 98 space marines and 6 rhinos with only the stompa's Gatla Gun (only that)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Upload the photo to photobucket. There are editing tools there.
    Otherwise download a program called G.I.M.P. 2. Its like photoshop but free. You can crop and scale your image on that.

HERE is -t's guide on photography skills

Dan

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Generally just resizing the image will make it small enough to post here - depending on the picture, even something 700 pixels wide is generally big enough to see enough detail.

Would be cool to see some pics so let us know how you get on!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is!

Here we are I've got the picture of the converted Space Wolf-Wolf Guard model,(all at different angles) so what do you think? C & C is appreciated

Golden Demon Model :: Mary!!!!!! picture by Yehti09 - Photobucket

P.S I'm making some alterations so I'll post them soon. Thanks
    1st Combined Regiment. Contains Tallarn,Cadians, Catachans,Valhallan,Attilan,Armageddon Steel Legion and Vostroyan. Most Kills in one turn: 98 space marines and 6 rhinos with only the stompa's Gatla Gun (only that)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Ha! Not bad!

I would have liked to see the terminator kneeling but I imagine that would also be rather difficult to manage.

And from one of the angles (photo 6, I think) the pin into the sister's back is very obvious, although I guess this could just be because it's not all assembled yet and just balancing in place for the photos?

I suppose I should also say that the sister doesn't look very dead. She's quite nicely painted but I can't see any damage on her armour that would indicate a fatal wound. Just my thoughts on the matter, though.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou

"Deadstar_MRC", thankyou for the comments. Aye the pin is going to be hidden, when assembled, I'll put up some images of the other model, on top of the cliff soon, (my camara needs charging).

Aye a good point on the matter of the "fatal wound", wouldn't the blood loss be enough? She's meant to be a sister of battle, her helmet is below. Thankyou for the comments I'll post the other model later on.

Wolfy09

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Regarding the wound, as I said those are just my thoughts. I did see the blood, and in all likelihood what you've done is enough but were I the one making this, I probably would have given her an obvious wound of some sort. Or at least have some blood leaking out the seams of her armour.

But we're all different so don't go changing things just for me! And besides, sometimes a seemingly peaceful death can be all the more tragic, which may actually be more fitting for something like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model 1

Here is "Model 1", its meant to be modeled as a fallen angel. Most of this project is WIP, so some of the painting will need some touching up on. . So what do you think? C & C appreciated.

Model 1 Golden Demon :: SDC10221.jpg picture by Yehti09 - Photobucket

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Just a quick tip.

If instead of using the email and direct link http code form photobucket, use the IMG ones. This lets you drop the image directly into the post like below.

Keep it up!

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Regarding the wound, as I said those are just my thoughts. I did see the blood, and in all likelihood what you've done is enough but were I the one making this, I probably would have given her an obvious wound of some sort. Or at least have some blood leaking out the seams of her armour.

But we're all different so don't go changing things just for me! And besides, sometimes a seemingly peaceful death can be all the more tragic, which may actually be more fitting for something like this.
    I like the diorama so far, I think it will turn out pretty good.

I agree with Deadstar_MRC (what a long name to type ) a wound - I guess a shot wound or at least some leaking blood would give that grim feeling which suits 40K dioramas.
    I also agree on the living sister, I would drybush some very pale colour on her lips and cheeks, if it covers only parts of the face it will give a dying impression instead of the two week dead.

I would change the Mary name to some more exotic and posh that suits a SoB better.

I like how the fallen keeps the bolter, looks like after a well aimed shot "yeah, I`ve got Ya!".

I think it`s going to be a well done diorama! Would like to see more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. April 16th, 2010, 00:42