Welcome to Librarium Online!
Whilst I was baking/burning my cyborg bust I decided to knock up a quick 30mm armature and get cracking on a practice sculpt. Well the armature was 30mm perfect, i posed it and put some putty on it to provide some support underneath for the super sculpey. I must admit i spent more time trying to get putty to stick to the goddamn wire than i actually did sculpting and that is no word of a lie. Furthermore i cocked up the armatures arms, wrapping wire in a random fashion caused me some problems with bulky shoulders too far forward as you will see in the photo below. So I am putting this one down to experience, sorry the photos are not great.... its not finished yet of course, one hand to do and the arm (will cut that milliput off).
This was just a random idea of a group of super villains from DC, i ended up chosing the Joker of course and changed it about a bit - this is "The Clown", a failed stand up comic who now wears a creepy mask and holds up fast food chains to make some easy cash and scare unruly kids.
Go easy on it, its gonna get thrown in a box next week never to see daylight again. Oh yeah forgot to say it ended up being 35mm somehow. Only Jesus knows how.
That's interesting. An evil clown, they are always trouble. I think it's good but you could add a little to the shoulders, make the a little bit wider than the hips. I think because he's based on or related to the Joker in some way he needs to be skinny. The shoulders aren't really skinny but more slight which makes him look very young. It's interesting though.
Looks pretty good - is this your first attempt?
I've tried doing the odd face and bits of anatomy but up until recently haven't tried a whole mini. I always find 'size creep' a problem - especially with heads for some reason. I ended up making about 7 or so before I settled on one for my librarian.
Thanks guys. Yeah, this is the first time i have made a decent armature for a mini and come close to getting proportions correct. i have been doing alot of busts to practice faces and textures and i do want to be able to get good results all the way down to 30mm. This sculpt did start out as the joker but i thought i would change him into a generic thug in a clown mask for the hell of it, so he looks as intended, its just the armature messed up and the milliputt doesntwork so well on the wire, i have been advised to use greenstuff as the polymer clay sticks to it alot better.
I think i am done with this. I will bake it off and put it down to experience. I will do another one soon and of course, I'll post it up for folks to comment on to see if i can do better next time.
cheers for looking.