[contest] Spammies Modelling Contest VIII - Movie Mayhem - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

[contest] Spammies Modelling Contest VIII - Movie Mayhem

"Movie Madness"

This theme is, "Movie Madness" as chosen by the winner of the previous contest, me.

My idea for the next conversion idea is "Movie madness"
    I think this is a rather lighthearted theme that can produce some nice results.
    The idea behind it is a conversion based on, or inspired by a movie. Eg. a Tyranid made to look like an 'Alien' or in the pose of an 'alien' or guardsmen made to look like starship troopers ect.
    It could even be a conversion just given the 'feel' of a movie, not nececerily from movie,
    Obviously, these are only little ideas, there's plenty to go around.

People entering have one month in which to design and convert a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, The winner will get a banner for their sig if they want it

1.) Models from any manufacturer are allowed.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models converted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 700 pixels (as per the normal LO rules).

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered un-sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion.

9.) There should be little paint on the model. It must be possible to clearly see any modelling putty, or cuts made.

The closing date is the 13th June at 23:59 GMT

So just post your completed entries here before the deadline.

It is possible to earn extra votes. If you include a tutorial then I will add 1 vote onto you total, and if it's unpainted, another vote will be added.

FAQ:
    1. Is it too late to enter? No it isn’t until the deadline above is reached.
    2. How do I enter? Just post a link to a photo of your mini in this thread, preferably it should follow the LO rules for such things, as it is a bit of a hassle for me to resize stuff and re-host it, but I can if you don’t know how.
    3. The Prize?! Get to choose the next theme! You will also get a lovely shiny medal from Kuffy. For all the other participants, your prize is experience and fun.

Last edited by Sir Spamalot; May 29th, 2010 at 16:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

I have a model I converted up a while ago that has been sitting around. Mind if I submit it for the contest? It isn't glued to a base, and I don't have a tutorial. I also won't strip the paint and pretend it is new, so that's two votes I wouldn't get if that evens the odds.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

I'll see how it goes. If we only get a couple of entries, I'll allow it, but if it's a lot of entries(say, over 5/6) which i highly doubt, I won't. So I'd say, yes it'll be fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Well?
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have this model I started to make(not done yet) just for fun and it sorta fits the theme, I just need to change a few more details to give it the cinimatic feel.

btw. it dosent have to be live action movies to count does it?
    "We's da best at drive into shooting"
    Wazzog warboss of the piledrivers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Jaffy - Go ahead. I need every entry i can get
    Pile Driver- no it doesn't

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

229 (x4)

I'm in.
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Well, It's official. I can't choose themes This one's kinda turned into a flop. xD.
    Sho - Looking forward to seeing something from you
    Crunchy - Penny for your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

I laugh in the face of your GMT!

I guess this model is -1 vote for being painted, -1 for no tutorial, -1 for being made before the contest and posted late, and I'll say -2 for the base size being 20mm though not round (more of a triangle).

Come oooon 6 votes!

In Loving Memory of Futurama and the movies titled the same:

...and here's a special salute to the brave men dressed in real Velour :

How's that full a salute? Don't worry folks, he's flat in front like Ken. It wont bite.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast