creating battle damage on black armor. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

creating battle damage on black armor.

OK, I have seen the battle damage on other colors of armor...

Most of what I have seen is a jagged pattern in the direction of the damage painted in black, and then a smaller replica of the same pattern in boltgun metal, leaving a slightly visible line of the black around the metal to simulate the undercoat that has not yet been removed by the damage..

How do I go about replicating this on Black Armor? I had actually considered using a dark metallic color followed by a brighter metallic one. The other option is to use a gray, then follow up with metal..

Any suggestions on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why black would be any different from other colors in terms of such weathering. I mean, silver will show up just as well on black as on, say, green. The dark metallic paint might be better for making a surface to better show the brighter silver, though.

+ Reply to Thread