Librarium Online Forums banner

The Armadillo

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Leech 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, this will be my first hobby post. I have always enjoyed scratch building, and orks are probably the most forgiving army to get started on. This is not my first scratch build, but my most recent.

The ork list that i originally dreampt up was battlewagon heavy, and i always liked the idea of having a couple wagons that were mobile bunkers. Put 10 boys in them, put on a ard case, and lots of guns, then just sit on an objective. The plan is probably better in theory than practice, but i also really wanted to build some wagons based on this idea.

I wanted to do something really original, and i thought using a rounded/curving theme on this wagon would make it stand outl. As the idea developed i decided that it would be cool to give it an armadillo theme. IIn game terms it is meant to have a killkannon, a cannon, 4 big shootas, and the ard case.

(edit: just realized that these pics are prior to me doing the rivits, which improved the look allot)
So i present the armadillo

I have almost finished painting it using a dabbing method showcased in gameforce magazine 16. As soon as its done i will put up pictures in the painted section.

See less See more
#7 ·
Yea, i cut up the chassis from 2 different toys for the wheels, but other than that its scratch. I thought it would be really hard to do curves in plasticard, but it wasnt all that bad. I learned allot and really enjoyed the project. I just wish i would have dont pics in progress so i could have put up a little bit of a tutorial or article on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.