Quick question on re-painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Quick question on re-painting

I'm halfway done with an Eldar army (1500 points, not too many models) and I'm not liking at all how its turning out. Not necessarily how it's painted, but the colors. They just aren't doing it for me. I'm not a very experienced model painter either, so I'm not sure how to handle this.

My question is this: Is it a bad idea to simply spraypaint over the already-painted models? I can't say there's too much paint on them, really just a undercoat, basecoat, highlights and washes here and there. Is it really noticeable that there was another series of paints underneath?

If it is a bad idea, is there an easy way to get the paint off?

Any help with the matter is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

36 (x2)

I'd say it really does depend on how thick those layers of paint on it already are. Small details, and I think eldar have quite alot of them can easily get filled in with paint.

There are many different ways to strip miniatures of paint. I'd suggest checking the tutorial section or doing a search using the forum feature as there are countless threads/numerous tutorials floating around.

+ Reply to Thread