Asking for some colour advice for my WoC army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Asking for some colour advice for my WoC army

Hey everyone!

I started up Warriors of chaos some time ago, but it's been going slow, since I have been waiting for the 8th edition to play my first game. And now I'm going to start painting. Though since its been like 5 years since the last time I painted and I curently dont own any painting tools, except for a Chaos black primer, I need some help.

The main help I need is to picking out colors for what I want to do. I got some ideas, but might be missing some in between.

Basically I want my army to be uniform, meaning that I will use the same color on all units, instead of painting the units acording to a "god" scheme.
    The color Scheme I want is roughly this:

Armor: Graveyard earth ---> Bleached bone
    Metal/mail: brazen bras/dwarf bronze
    cloak: chaos black ----> scab red (as deap red I can get it going from black)
    Skin: dark flesh ---> to dwarf flesh

This has to be shaded and highlighted acordingly ofcourse. The thing is, I don't know If I picked the right colors for the job, and don't want to waltz of and buy tons of stuff and get it all wrong.

So help on what colours are apropriate to shade/highlight and get the finish I want, so listing some colours that are a "must buy" for doing this is what I'm looking for.
    And also if you guys got some great teqniques for painting skin I would like to hear it.

The armour colour I am looking for might be close to "harry the hammerer" that I found trying to google-fu for bone armoured chaos warriors

2. Remove Advertisements

Glendale, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

37 (x1)

You picked a difficult paint scheme for your entry back into the fray... I use darker colors/washes to get the effects I go for. My army is 85% Tzentcherz so I run through blues/golds with the baddab black/ Devlan mud washes. It makes for a dark effect on the table, they are WoC after all....
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

+ Reply to Thread