Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I had read a previous thread about the foaming and swelling properties of Gorilla Glue and have had fun making sturdy bases for all kinds of scenery and thought this would be great to make some trees.
I took some baling wire I had and cut off about 6 pieces along with a couple of thinner wire and taped them together at the bottom, then bent then here and there to make a good tree shape.
Then I took some Gorilla Glue and smeared it on with my finger all over wires and gave it a quick spray mist of water (to increase the foaming and swelling of the glue). I came back after it was dry and gave another smear where I wanted it a bit thicker with another mist spray. I just squirted out some glue on paper and had accidentally let the glue sit for about 10-15 minutes before I smeared it for the second coat and since it got a little thicker it went on with less drip.
I am at the point right now where I am ready to spray them brown. I took a little air dry clay to fill in a spot here and there. I will give the trunks a quick scrub with some rough sandpaper for texture before I spray. I happened to score a great sale for the greenery part of the tree where the big craft store had all of ther moss on sale at 50% off, so a good sized bag only cost $2.50US.
I am really pleased with the results so far and will post a few progress pics in the next day or so.
Sounds cool... I managed to get all my trees in America, originally for small model Christmas scenes (you crazy Americans.), they are very good and were very cheap.
I shall be watching for progress
And, here is photo one after the gorilla glue. I have already sprayed them brown and will take another pic before I add the greenery.
And here they are with a quick spray. they ended up a little spooky looking, which is kind os a nice effect. I will finish the detail and post a final pick in the next day or two.
And here are the finished trees. I still have a little more work to do to the base. I probably should have taken a pic with some figures for scale. but these are fairly large. I may do a few more, but a little smaller.
Not sure about the flock on the base... but the trees look really nice.