Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm planning on doing a Tervigon Conversion using a Carnifex kit and a bit of green-stuff. I'm planning on using the Carnifex Body with the spines to represent the stinger salvo/cluster spines, then putting some Carnifex legs on the back, and using Monstrous Creature scything talons to "support mommy's weight". Then I plan on rolling some balls out of green-stuff and sticking them on the lower torso, to show egg sacks, then I think ill roll a birthing tube, again out of green-stuff, and have a termagaunt coming out of it. Can you think of any tips for me to improve the model or any problems with the conversion.
The only thing that jumps out at me would be the use of green stuff. First I would make sure to bulk out areas with something cheaper yet still sturdy. There are other types of lower grade modeling epoxies like green stuff that will fill the bill. Apoxie sculpt makes some lower grade stuff that will dry hard and be a little cheaper. You could use some balled up aluminium foil. Just make sure you've squeezed it nice and hard so it doesn't crush later. That would allow you to see how the bulk hangs off of it without wasting your time with something more expensive.
I also recommend you examine real things that look like what you want to do, or miniatures from other companies that already create this effect. That way you can get a good mental picture of what it's supposed to look like in the end.
A lot of people have already done this conversion using some of the parts you've listed. Seek pix of those and see what worked for them.
A trick that I have seen done before is to use the tyranid terrain from the battle for macragge box set (if you can still get it) there were a couple of tyranid spore clusters or something similar which could well represent birthing tubes or similar.
Sounds good and cant wait to see pictures.
for mine i altered the legs/chest so that it would stand more upright, then cut a hole in the chest so that i could greenstuff in a 'vagina' and then used 2 of the stranglethorn cannon sacs as egg sacs that i stuck in the gap between the legs and body before greenstuffing them together. :p
Thanks for the advice everyone I've been looking at your posts, and I think in addition to what i said in my original post, I will use Rex's ideaa of bulking out the torso and using balled up tinfoil surrounded in Green-stuff for the egg sacs, And use Curly's idea of the stranglethorn cannon sacs as egg sacs. I've also stolen an idea from another thread, and i'm going to use the frag spines as some mandibles. But thanks again
I've just done some researching and on the GW website, it gave me an idea of just having one large egg sac, and putting in some wooden balls of varying sizes to give it some texture.
Blacknight, i realise what you mean now and i've got some of them leftover from my genestealers. So I like that idea and will probably use it in my tervigon.
OH! i forgot to say what i used as mandibles which is a really good idea and looks great, use the little decorative blady bit from the end of the smaller carnifex sything talons before the actual sycthing talons start. and put them on each side of the mouth, trust me it looks good.
Ahh yes seems like a good idea. Certainly better than the frag spines. I'll be buying the supplies I need sometime between Sunday and maybe Wednesday, so the conversion might be done by maybe Wednesday to friday, then i'll upload the photos and link you guys to them, Thanks again for all your help