Good sources of weapon "bits"? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good sources of weapon "bits"?

Hi there, we're trying to do some conversions of Warhammer 40k figures, and ideally we could do with dropping on some weapons / heavy weapons kits, preferably in plastic. Is there any good source for such things?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for asking ... my son has bought a couple of black Orks for Warhammer Fantasy, and being a bit fickle (they're not assembled) decided he doesn't like Fantasy, so I'm looking to see if they could be adapted to Space Orks heavy weaponers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a squad of 'ard boyz made from the black orcs you mentioned. Equipped with slugga and choppa, they look pretty nasty, and the best part? They're not too hard to convert! I simply cut out a weapon from one hand of an orc, cut off the grip (and the rest of the arm) from the spare slugga arms I have from making shoota boyz, and glued together the black orc hand and slugga. Voila! Nasty looking 'ard boyz with mean choppas and some interesting poses. Plus, you can use the two handed weapons, if you're not concerned about a terribly strict wysiwyg: simply glue a slugga to the leg of an orc with a two-handed weapon.

Not quite the answer to your question, but I think it's a fun, easy, and slick alternative. You might want to shave the hand of the black orcs a bit to make the sluggas fit more to your liking, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually had a good evening tonight - I converted 6 black orcs using spare weapons we had found left over from the Imperial Guard, filing off the Imperium signature from it.

I then found out from our Tau we had 4 sets of heads, arms, legs spare ... so as we have some spare Eldar torsos I've bastardised an extra 4 Tau "bodyguards".

All in all scrounging together about 100 NZ$ worth of figure - which is result!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

If you're still curious about bits places, check out the Warstore. They have their Battlewagon Bits section where you can find most anything basic. Plus, if you're in the US, shipping is super fast. Just put in an order this last Tuesday, and I got it today.

Otherwise, there's always ebay. People scrap everything on there.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 21st, 2010, 09:21