Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So with my Grey Knights near a close and my Blood Angels trundeling along nicely I turned my attention to my neglected scenery. I've got an Imperial sector which I've built up (after over a year in bits XD) into 3 medium sized generic blasted buildings. So what next?
I've plans for a board, always wanted it to fold away and had problems at the drawing board stage till I saw this DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - How to make your own modular table.
Stolen! But full props to the origional poster. So now to fill this up I need to get a few more peices.
Shrine of the aquilla + another building. To make this DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - GW building blog updated 27/02 Weathering Done (3rd and 4th picture down)
A Sky sheild and bastion to make this drop-pod: Imperial Bastion - Part Two
To be honest I think I'm most likely to get 1 more sector, 1 SotA, 1 Bastion and 1 SS to fully finish off what I would like but I'm here to ask advise on weither its all too much? What else I could do? Any tips are most welcome.
Last edited by Pheonix Lord; July 25th, 2010 at 19:49.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
well, basing my response on the fact the majority of your already existing scenery is imperial created, and ruins or industrial buildings of the Imperium....
1. Habitation block
2. Administratum/ Official building
3. Training facility/ Barracks
4. Public square (open piece with piles of ruins/makeshift barricades to funnel assaults into kill cups)
5. Ruined fountain/ Majestic sculpture/statue with ruined walls.
6. Piping system junction (1/4'' pvc piping and pen tubes into junction house)
7. Entrance to sewers/ Reclamation facility (small iron statues with my iron door tutorial for entrance)
8. Adeptus Mechanicus Rhino repair station (garage/mechanics)
9. Leman Russ manufactorum
10. Sentinel manufactorum
11. Adeptus Arbites (Terran police force) precinct! (with watch tower, holding cells and armory facility!!!)
12.Pillbox and roadblock/toll booth fortification/border guard station
13. Hive bar (slum hole-in wall-bar)
14. Fuel dump/ ammo dump with storage facilities
15. Historical monument (arch du trimph (sp) type building with drive-under-ability)
16. Junk yard / solid reclamation center.
17. Storage yard / cargo container yard. (off world boxes with "pop-up-bases"- like in starship troopers the base)
18. Electronic Repairs facility (wires and motherboard gubbins or electronic pieces scener)
19. Watch tower/ Imperial watchtower
20. Landspeeder / Valk landing pad / Stop pad
the list goes on and on and on.
If you just do a few page flips through the scenery section here you'll find plenty of stuff to tickle your scenery bone and get you finishing that table.
(PLUS WE WANT TO SEE PICS!)
Hope the list helps.
Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.
Not sure how sturdy that table will be . . .
Cool, let's see how it goes. I'm currently playing about with car body filler mesh (fencing) and plumbing pipes mounted on tablemats (modular) although my planetstrike scenery needs a bit more work.
I'd really like to see some assembly line workings.
Adeptus Mechanicus Marines: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1655065
Were you planning to use the board as originally designed or use it as a modular base on top of an existing table (ie kitchen)? If you were planning to make it free standing I have to agree with Bugbait in expressing concern about the stability of the table, I would also watch the stability of the legs, having had a tempory set up of a game table go sideways when I was younger I have avoided anything similar since.
Based on my memory of the rules for city fight/cities of death/whatever it is now called: you needed the tallest building in the centre of the board and to place outwards from there. Have you thought about doing a large centre piece of terrain to provide elevation and a good focus/objective for your battles. Combining a shrine of the Aquila with other kits would create a suitably ornate cathedral or similar to make an objective.