Lord of Change assembly help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord of Change assembly help

I'm trying to put together a Lord of Change. So far, so good - pinning and gluing is working well

However I'm a bit daunted by the wings. They look to thin to pin, and superglue alone doesn't look as though it will hold them on. What would be the best way to attach these on ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

This might not be what you want to do, but here's what I did to solve this problem; drilled right THROUGH the wings at the point where they connect to his back; put pins all the way through this, and clipped it off to make it level with the wing, and pinned to the body. Then I used green stuff to touch up this area and blend it back in to the feathers.

Lord of Change... ahh, first model I ever put together (well, my first box was Plaguebearers, but that doesn't really count). That was a learning experience. I tried super glue, then I tried a combo of super glue and green stuff (bought first green stuff for this) and when that didn't work, I went ahead and got the pin vice... jeeeeez.

Super glue alone will not work because the join is so imperfect; super glue and green stuff didn't do anything to add strength, and it was a pain to keep the wings in position while it set.
    Last edited by illbeinyourband; August 3rd, 2010 at 04:40.

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Yea, you can pin them. Good luck with the hole/gap filling all over the model. Pain in the bum.

Not sure if it'll help, but here is my 'wip' for one I did recently.

Lord Of Change wip (Forge World Lord Of Change Greater Daemon Commission)
    Last edited by And Justice For All; August 3rd, 2010 at 12:11.

+ Reply to Thread