1k Sons Assembly Issue - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Sons Assembly Issue

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post this, but it seemed the closest to my problem.

I am a new player, and started assembling my first unit this weekend (1k Sons Troop). On the box it shows the Rubrics holding bolters. The left arm is holding the bottom of the barrel and the right holding the hand grip. There is no right arm with its hand open, so it seemed to me that I should use the arm that is bent at the elbow ending in a fist, and position it so the fist is in front, making it seem that the soldier is gripping the gun. I tried it with two different soldiers but was unable to position it correctly so that there was enough surface area for the glue to hold. As a result, the trigger hand is behind the gun. This looks strange and unnatural. Then I thought maybe I could cut off the hand grip and just have that end resting on the fist to have the same effect. Before I did that I wanted to check with more experienced modelers to see what they would suggest.

Thoughts?

"Farewell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou." -- Stormbringer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Yup, thats the age old new player problem with bolters. Yes, you are supposed to cut the handgrip off of the bolter before gluing it to an arm. Don't worry, most of us made the same mistake with out first marines.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. I was afraid of that. Should I just cut my losses and keep them as is, or try to unglue them and do the arms over? I'm a little afraid of breaking them if I try to pull them off.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

As Riptor said, you are correct in your assumption: you need to cut off the grip on the bolter. I'm not sure why they still make bolters like this, but I'm guessing it's so people can model them hanging off the model, not held by the grip, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, should I try to fix them, or leave them as is. if you suggest trying to fix them, I used Krazy Glue. Is there a good way to unstick them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Krazy glue? I'm pretty sure that's not a polycement right? If not, then just pull it off, there should be no damage to the model if you're careful. If it is a polycement, then I'd say it's a bad idea to do it. Polycement melts the plastic to create a strong bond, so can be difficult to unstick.

+ Reply to Thread