Madrak World Ender with freehand runes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Madrak World Ender with freehand runes

This is another mini that I painted for the P3 Grandmasters painting competition. He was awarded a silver medal (which I'm proud of, given the competition at the event).

For those of you less familiar with the mini, I extended the base and cut off some embossed runes in order to paint them back on as freehand.

I've also posted him up on CMON if anyone is interested in voting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Nice, very nice. The tartan looks very cool, although I would maybe have added another set of lines in light blue.

And another medal? Great work! Do you know where I can have a look at all the winners from the event?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

The winner in this category (and the winner overall) was Natalya Melnick. Her online handle is "Alexi Z" and she's pretty amazing.

Her winning entry was a 2010 Captain Adept Nemo that was just brilliant. Here is a link to the winning entry.

And I feel I ought to mention this, P3 was using a new system this year. In most categories, a silver medal translated into roughly third place, but in this category there was a lot of really tough competition, and poor Madrak here wouldn't have had any recognition in the old system.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Great work dude. I love the light tartan around his waist. Beautiful work and congratulations on the silver award for him.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

the face details look great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

692 (x8)

Thanks.

On the tartan, I painted it white on white as part of a challenge my wife issued me. She made sure that everything that I did on the competition minis was more difficult than the things I've previously done. It really helps to have feedback like that.

That's also how his face turned out the way it did.

+ Reply to Thread