Plastic Chaos Daemon Prince, one kit, 3 bitz and 2 princes of the warp ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Plastic Chaos Daemon Prince, one kit, 3 bitz and 2 princes of the warp !

40kWIP 006.jpg
    latest wip, only wings missing, the one on the right is made up of left overs of the kit and the back is same as the front..legs are the mutated backpack vents. feel free to comment guys

Last edited by THELuc; September 12th, 2010 at 20:41.
    This is my Bolter. There is many like it but this one is mine. My bolter is my best hobby.....And i still hate dragons. Find out More at http://necrohammer-at-war.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great improvisation THELuc

I had also made up what I could with the remaining parts but without your resourceful leg conversion. It's left him in an interesting reclining (legless) pose, rather Rubenesque, all semi naked, a mix of serene and menacing. I was thinking of building him vertically into some scenery as if he's emerging from a solid object (to mask his lack of legs and back).

Love the kit, well done GW, unlike the metal Greater Daemon of Khorne I'm currently battling to build. I get very frustrated with the poor fit and amount of hacking and filing you have to do to get the wings to fit. I'm now having to pin them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

thanks for the comment Magnet,
    Depending on how advance you are in your build with the remaining parts, you could copy the legs i done. to hide the fact he has no back you could cut empty sprues to make tiny pieces so he could look like smashing through a boulder or just getting out of the ground.. this way you can get same height as the original model.

GW metal models i do like some but as you said most of then are a pain to build, pin the parts ans then glue them is really the way to go.
    This is my Bolter. There is many like it but this one is mine. My bolter is my best hobby.....And i still hate dragons. Find out More at http://necrohammer-at-war.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread