Inspired! Help Me! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x1)

Inspired! Help Me!

I'm a pretty decent painter who been homeing his skills over the past few yearing painting up my chaos marines and now my chaos daemons armys, iv been troubling and troubling about how to paint my flamers. not really liking GW's take on the creatures and not so sure about the fire elemental scheme either. searching the web for something interesting to do w/ them i found this:

scary flamers.jpg

I havent so much as beenable to find out the name of the artist or even a bigger version of the picture. while i dont think i have to skill to replicate them id like to take a shot at it, the pale ghost-flesh meshed w/ surpernatural glow is really facisnating. Can any one give me an idea of how something atleast similar to this chould be done?

Could you understand the beauty of the beast?

2. Remove Advertisements

New England, USA
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

457 (x8)

The "quick and dirty" method would be to start with a very light color, maybe even white, then just wash the heck out of it, using VERY thin layers, built up over time. Vary the color based on what you want the overall color to be. Use green on one, red on another, etc.

If you want it to "glow," check out the lessons on source lighting. There are plenty of guides on the Interwebs that can describe it far better than I can.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

+ Reply to Thread