What I've been painting this week: Vamps and Orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

What I've been painting this week: Vamps and Orcs

Going to a tourny this weekend (Warrington) so had some models to do for the O&G i'm taking and my Vampires which I'm lending to a mate. Only really spent time on the Orc.

Black Orc Warboss

Vampire

Battle Standard

Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; September 16th, 2010 at 18:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

That orc looks pretty good. Can we get a close up? I like the choice of colours for the vampires, the bright blue/turquoise stands out really well among the darker tones with the undead. And I like the BSB, mummy conversion?

Kuffy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Ha! I like that first shot; whack it on a base and you can claim it's a duel diorama!

The battle standard bearer looks excellent, the Orc looks pretty decent as well. Maybe it's just the photo but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of shading/highlighting on the Vampire - flashes can do a pretty decent job of hiding all that, though.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I love the subtle way that you painted the Orc. Especially the scratches on the armor.
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Love that vampire model. You've done a great job painting him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Ha! I like that first shot; whack it on a base and you can claim it's a duel diorama!

The battle standard bearer looks excellent, the Orc looks pretty decent as well. Maybe it's just the photo but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of shading/highlighting on the Vampire - flashes can do a pretty decent job of hiding all that, though.
    The vampire was just a few minutes paint job, theres no highlighting almost no shading, its just basic colours, then washes, then paint the cape and shield turquiose. I don't have enough patience most of the time and seem to enjoy doing quick paint jobs. Its amazing what badab black does for vampire counts.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Ah, which would explain why I can't really see any highlighting! I know what you mean with the patience, sometimes you just want to see results! And you can always come back to it later, anyway.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread