Necron Destroyer Lord on Foot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Necron Destroyer Lord on Foot

Hi all, I've got a question about making myself a Necron Lord. I bought a Necron Destroyer Lord box, and now I've got a Destroyer body, Destroyer torso, and Lord torso sitting on my table while I hem and haw about what to do. I finally fiddled with my list, asked some questions, and made up my mind to turn my Lord into a foot Lord. I have a lot of spare warrior bits lying around, but the legs are a bit small for the Lord and look kinda out of proportion. Do any of you know any other undead or robot style armies out there, whether GW or not, that I could scavenge for bits to use for my Lord? Barring that, any way to make the legs look a little less puny without practically smearing green stuff all over them? I'm not the best sculptor in the world, and I haven't had enough experience with GS to trust myself to do more than use it to plug cracks or things of that nature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Well, I was staring at my bits box earlier today, and I had a really cool, and kinda twisted, idea. I decided to make a wraithlord using my destroyer lord body and some spare bits I had lying around. Here's how it turned out.

Those things below his torso, those are Necron warrior HEADS. The fluff behind it is that my particular Tomb World did not weather the millenia well. When they woke up, many systems were damaged, non functional, and malfunctioning. This particular Lord, never the most stable one to begin with, decided to repair himself using the most readily available material, his fellow Necrons.

I made it by carefully gluing Necron warrior heads together and then gluing them to the Destroyer Lord's torso. The tail is a couple of spare plasma cannon hoses glued together, and the blade on the end is simply a piece of sprue that I whittled into shape. I think it turned out pretty well, but I'm having one small problem, figuring out how to get him to stay on a flying base without it breaking or falling over. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Nitrokitty; September 18th, 2010 at 09:09.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

He looks very cool. I like the fluff as well.

As for the base, the best thing I could suggest is not to use a flying base. Well,not on it's own. Glue a flying base to a 40mm (Terminator) base and glue the stick in. Once the glue is fully dry, snap the stick off at the base. That sould give you a nice solid base. Then get some brass rod or stiff wire, drill into the base and into the Lord, cut the wire to the right length and glue it into place. Essentially you'll have an undead metal guy on a stick
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll pay a visit to Home Depot tomorrow and pick some up.

+ Reply to Thread