Kreig test model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Kreig test model

Hi guys

I'm planning a DKoK army, and as these models are so nice, I want to give them an ace colour scheme that I can paint fairly quickly. My mate has also started a Kreig army and he had a dude spare, so I 'borrowed' him to experiment on...

The spare model, not my mate

Unfortunately the spare model didn't have arms to go with it, so I improvised with a pair of cadian arms.

I basically used different shades of grey with brown and black washes. I've also done up the base so you can see what the bases will look like.

Personally I'm tempted to make the coat lighter and the trousers darker. What do you guys think?

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

To be honest dude, it is hard to tell. The picture is quite dark and I am having trouble telling the difference between the two areas. However, it is usually a good idea to have one darker than the other. I would darken the trousers, as the coat takes up a lot of the mini and you might want to do weather on it - easier to do on a lighter tone.

+ Reply to Thread