Need some tips on using greenstuff on this boar. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Need some tips on using greenstuff on this boar.

I need to fill the gap of hair on this boar. Do I make individual strands of hair or what? perhaps I shouldn't be using greenstuff?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

You aren't putting the rider on his back ?? He has the tuffs of hair in his hand.
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWarrior2010 View Post
    You aren't putting the rider on his back ?? He has the tuffs of hair in his hand.
    Nope, forgot to say its for a boar chariot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Sure - a little greenstuff and then take your little sculpting knife (of course, everyone has one of those - or maybe I am just strange) and cut it up to blend into the hairs.

For the small gaps from the head fitting, I just did some of these boars and on a lot of other models where there is the narrow gap, I do get a little lazy and don't want to mix or waste some greenstuff, so I just push some regular modelling clay into the gaps - give some texture, if needed, and prime and paint as normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

If your having problems making it look right, you might want to consider cutting all the hair off and sculpting it all as your own work.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Just having a quick look at it, and not being all that experienced myself with Green Stuff, I think it's still achievable.

Best bet would be to get your greenstuff, mould it on there in roughly the shape you want, then leave it an hour or two to harden a little.

Then go at it with a modelling knife or sculpting tool or whatever it is you have at hand (remembering to keep your tool of choice wet so it doesn't stick to the greenstuff) to carve some lines along it, so it matches what already exists on the model.

You could possibly achieve a similar result with Plasticard, should you wish, but shaping it might be a little harder.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread