Plague Censer Bearers...for cheapskates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Plague Censer Bearers...for cheapskates

Well, cheapskates who buy an entire army in one go, at any rate.

I wasn't happy with the price of censer bearers from GW, so I figured I'd be able to convert my own from Plague Monks (there are censers in the box, after all). The web said it was possible...although examples were pretty much non-existent.

Looking at the various sprues I had resulted in some hard thoughts involving such sentences as "This could go wrong" and "This isn't going to work".

That was until I was being equally cheap in using Night Runners to make gutter runners (One foot on a rock is remarkably ninja-like, honest)...and I saw a rather large flail on the sprue.

And thus, plastic Plague Censer bearers were born (Well, four. Since that was how many flails were in the box).

It was just a matter of sticking the arms straight on the monks (Showing off their strength...or something) and chopping off the existing flail end and replacing it with the censer. The rocks make them a bit more dynamic for those not swing their censer - The basic plague monk pose is rather...relaxed...for a frenzied rat.

For sleeveless wonders, I think they look good enough. The guy with the dagger is perhaps the weakest...but I was getting low on ideas and fancy things to do by that point.

But hey, plastic censer bearers!

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

2. Remove Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

I like it, nice and simple conversions.

+ Reply to Thread