Help with flight stand - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

Help with flight stand

I'm planning on building a flight stand for 28mm or 1/48 model and would like to request ideas on how to do this. I cannot use the Valkrie stand because it is just too short.
    I am looking at about 1.5 to 2 ft tall as it must clear most of the building terrains.
    I am planning on using a cd disc as the base for stability. For the top of the stand, I planned on having 3-4 pegs that can be inserted into a the model's underside.
    How would one go about strengthening the joint on the cd as well as the top of the stand and not have it look bulky or ugly?

Let me know how you made your flight stand.

2. Remove Advertisements

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

2ft tall? What is it you're putting on top of this stand?
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

370 (x8)

What is it holding?
    I do have a concern - if it's bigger than a servo skull, being 2ft tall it will fall over too easily.
    Basically, the higher you hold the model the more heavy and wider you want the base to be (a cd stand will fall over in a stiff breeze - literally - if you tried to put a landspeeder on it 2ft up.

I have seen some exellent basing for flight models using brass rod and round wooden chopping boards (go to pound land / similar for the chopping board, the brass rod shouldn't be too much.)

Drill into board and attach rod. (oh, in the event you need to bend the rod put it in a door jam (p.p.s. not one you care too much about) and bend)

There's a pair of resin valks on here somewhere that look great - maybe skimming through CMON would help with other ideas.

If it's for something small like a aeronauticus bomber you could try cd's I suppose, I'd stack a few together (DO NOT MICROWAVE) and put plastic rod in. poly cement should do fine.

+ Reply to Thread