Board and mount convertions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Board and mount convertions

I brought 2 questions for you today:
    I have the wish to have my lvl 4 mage mounted, to give her some protection and to make her more moveable.

Now to the tricky part, I want her on a steed, but (I asked the local GW) is seams like I have to cut her of and then glue her to glade rider legs. I whould hate to destroy a model like that, and thought it whould be cool to make me able to choose, horse or not, depending on the situation. But for all I tried I cant do it. I tried magnets, but they were to big, tried other magnets ans they were to weak.

Some guys in the Wood elf forum (I love those guys) told me it might be good to drill a hole in each side and use a pin... But if I know myself I whould probbly crack the intire model in pices.

Do you guys have any idea, or do I need to taste the sour apple and decide, ruined and maunted or normal and walking....?

And then to my other question:

Im playing Wood elves (as if you hadnt figured that out) and my friend is playing Skaven. And we will play games in about 2500-3000 points. I was planing on making a table in the sizes 4*4 feet but realized that it might be a little small, I recounted and noticed that 4*5,2 feet might be the biggest I can make without rethinking the intire thing.

A long text, but I hope I can get answears anyway, THANKS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I think some more details would help. What model do you have and what type of steed do you plan to mount her on?

Also, what are you planning to do with the board that would prevent it from being larger than 4' X 5'2"? In my experience boards are basically textured blank slates upon which terrain is placed.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I'd recommend a 6x4 board and moveable scenery.
    A fixed table normally looks nicer, but can get very samey.
    I dio three 2x4 boards and some bulldog clips green on one side (WF and grey on the other (40k / necromunda)
    And seperate scenery.
    The 6 foot length would be good for most games - It stops it always being crowded.

For the rider, I assume you're talking about a metal model. The brettonian damsels would be a good start for a mounted female legs in dress, get a razor/jewellers saw, chop at waist. get your wood elf sorceror, chop at waist. (file both bits flat) get a drill (I actually like the GW drill, sometimes they need a dab of grease in the "pommel" of it) and drill in both. superglue paperclip in one end. Clip paperclip (shorter than the length of the hole in the other part.) superglue together.
    If you damaged any detail / need to file any bret bits off the legs get leaves/wood elf spare bits and slap them on. Voila! a mounted wood elf!

I wouldn't bother doing one torso you can put on legs / a horse bottom. You'd pretty much have to buy a second model either which way anyway. Have one on foot and one mounted.

Alternitavely put it on a bigger beastie (can't you have them on pegasus/griffon/unicorn/magic dancing bears? I can't remember the wood elf options (bar DRAGON which is a pretty good one and easy to do with a high elf dragon)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make it more clear, I want to place a Wood elf spellsinger on to an elven steed...
    I have the steed and some rider legs from a glade rider pack, and the goal with this was to not buy another mage just to be able to choose.

The reason why I cant make it bigger then 4*5.4 feet is becose I already got a frame and legs for it, just needed a plywood board to place on top of the frame

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Spellsingers will need to be cut in half assuming you are using current edition models where the spellsinger is levitating on vines and leaves. Otherwise the model will be super top heavy and look kind of silly.
    Crunchy is correct IMO, you should have two models, one mounted and one unmounted if you want them to look half decent. I don't think there is ever a situation where the horse dies and the rider lives, so you don't even have to paint them the same. To add on to Crunchy's modelling tips, you will need to greenstuff the seam as well since they will never fit together perfectly.
    Alternatively if you are dead set against a 2nd spellsinger model you could model some extra vines and leaves to fill a cav base with a place for your spellsinger and have it counts as riding a horse (ie mounted on a sea of sentient plants).
    6' X 4' board is good if you can manage it (overlap the base if possible). Your skaven foe will thank you for helping prevent traffic jams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I wanted the mage to be able to be both mounted and not is that I currently have glade riders in my list and I aim to keep her in with them, but if I dont usa them one game, I want her to be able to "walk" and the reason im buying 2 is simply becouse I want 2 mages in my army

+ Reply to Thread