Redstar's Sons of Horus - Start to Finish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Redstar's Sons of Horus - Start to Finish

Well, after the passing of my son around this time last year and then the passing of my wife, Sarah just last month, I've been rather closed off emotionally. After getting alot of support from the various forums, namely BoLS, Warseer and Heresy Online, its time to try and focus on the positives in life. Remember the good memories and not the bad.

With that in mind, ive decided to start this blog. It will cover all things modeling from converting, which will be a major focus to painting and sculpting. I plan to start small with a Son of Horus force I've had in the works the past few days. After that Ill move onto a few larger conversions and scratch builds such as a Chaos Fellblade along with other Chaos super heavies.

I just hope that this blog and the work done for it can even remotely make Sarah proud of me, in whatever place she may be. If it wasnt for her support after our son passed, I'd have given up the hobby all together.

This is for you Sarah and Erin.

So now onto the first unit. I plan to use BA rules for the stormraven. I went with a silverish sea green. The current pics are a bit dark but you can get some nice views of the base, modified from a Dragon Forge base.

More pics can be seen as well as future tutorials on weathering the beast shortly at the blog. Miniature Wargame Conversions

http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/ - The place for Custom Conversions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Start of some "Death Company" marines since I use the BA dex for this army.

The bases arent done as I still need to finish converting soem more Dragon Forge bases like the one for the land speeder.

More pictures of the models can be found at my memorial blogspot.
    http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/ - The place for Custom Conversions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

I hate to hear of your passing, I cant imagine how it must feel.

The models thought are truly amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathula View Post
    I hate to hear of your passing, I cant imagine how it must feel.

The models thought are truly amazing. Can't wait to see more.
    Thank you for the kind words and support. I have just the thing for you as well.

------------------------------

2 more "Death Company" Marines:

And one of my fav ones:

More pictures of them can be seen at my blogspot. Im always open to comments good or bad on the quality of the work.
    Last edited by redstarone; January 10th, 2011 at 15:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Start of the first basing tutorial is up. Comments are more then welcome. Especially since im not the best at writing tutorials so if something doesnt make sense, just ask

Full tutorial is up at the blogspot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Great conversions, thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanchadith View Post
    Great conversions, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks mate

-------------

WIP Chaplain for the Death Company. Still needs a few things painted and a few messups corrected but hes coming together nicely..

As always, any advice would be awesome in making this guy better. More picture of him up tonight at the blogspot as well. Didnt have time to edit the others right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Sons OF Horus Librarian done. Basic conversion from a metal sternguard..

More of him can be seen at my blogspot.

Also did a bit more work on the Chaplain:

As always id love feedback, good or bad since the army will be put on display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. The most important thing is to focus on the happy memories and remember that there are people here to help you through your time of need. On the lighter side of things, amazing work here. Hope to see a lot more in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by todayistheend86 View Post
    I'm deeply sorry for your loss. The most important thing is to focus on the happy memories and remember that there are people here to help you through your time of need. On the lighter side of things, amazing work here. Hope to see a lot more in the future.
    Thanks mate for the kind words and support.

You will indeed be seeing a full army of the Sons of Horus. Its what motivates me to wake up each day.

--------------

Did a bit more work to finish the libby as well as did work on a standard marine. More pics of both can be seen at my blogspot like always. Comments, good and bad always welcomed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast