Halloween Idea for Nurgle: All Hallow's Blight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    (Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Halloween Idea for Nurgle: All Hallow's Blight

Hey all,

I am working on my Witchhunter force at the moment, and nearing 2k. I was thinking of looking towards Nurgle as my next force (either fantasy or 40k, I'm thinking the latter mostly).

I was thinking of a halloween/scarecrow/jack-o-lantern type thing. Though that probably doesn't make that much sense... It's nurgle! but clean and pale.

Before painting begins of course, I'll be converting some members of the squad to have zombie heads. Painted similarly to the armour. I'll likely just wash them differently (Leviathan, Thraka). The scythe that comes in the zombie kit, will be used on my champions and any combat units.

To carry on the halloween theme of the army I want to sculpt some greenstuff jack-o-lanterns on the bases. In a squad of 7, one or two of them, in a squad of 10, two or three. You get the idea. Candles? I'm thinking a few on the bases next to the pumpkins would look great. Lighting effects on the jack-o-lantern from within would be nice.

I'm thinking of also sculpting on the occasional halloween trick-or-treat bag. Paint it orange and then have a little nurgle symbol on the side. Maybe have maggots coming out of the top. The image of a Plague terminator, holding his "lolly" bag in one hand, with the other extended awaiting more goodies is just too good to not have in the army.

As far as other greenstuffing goes (teehee greenstuffing. It's like a vegetarian..., oh wait, never mind, kid's might be around): I'll be making some "nice" plague sores (like armour, washed with Baal red and then highlighted with a touch of yellow), and maybe some weird, sticky filth that I'll place over vents and armour. This will probably be done in a really pale green.

Armour:
    -Pale (Rotting flesh/kommando khaki/bleached bone?).
    -Work in a green and brown washes in recesses
    -Highlights by mixing in a little skull white to the basecoat and blend with thinner coats.

Metals:
    -Boltgun metal
    -Washes (Devlan mud, Thraka green, Leviathan purple?)
    -Fine highlight of mithril silver and then finely highlighted with mithril silver on the edges.

Greens (advice here would be great)
    -white/scorpion green?
    -devlan mud
    -basecoat mixed with some white?

Details (eyes, trinkets)
    -Blazing Orange
    -Blazing Orange/skull white highlight

Pumpkins on bases
    -Macharius Orange
    -Devlan mud
    -Blazing Orange
    -Blazing Orange/Skull white

Basing (I will have the occasional model on a larger base to accommodate the conversions):
    Sand: Dark brown like dirt
    Sparse dead grass, not on all models
    Branches and leaves from the citadel wood on the bases, most models
    Branches painted a lighter brown than the dirt, and the leaves painted as if in autumn.
    Water effects for pale green water (rotting flesh), only on a few models in a squad

I've been looking at some of these, and will probably order in a pack or two of each and use them throughout the army:

More Famous Familiars | Games Workshop

Famous Familiars | Games Workshop

I'll use the pumpkin-headed scarecrow and the zombie hand one the most.

Hope you guys like the idea, any feedback or comments on painting, modelling or otherwise would be great. I might just end up transferring this to the CSM forum, mod's can tell me where this would best go.

If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Sounds good to me. Do a test model and see what you get.

Hope to see some soon

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Glad you like the idea. This is going to be a long-term project, so I won't really be starting on this until my sisters of battle are ready for Melbourne In Flames (April). I might be able to grab a spare chaos space marine off of a friend of mine and paint it up, but I won't be purchasing anything new for a while.

I'll refine the idea, and when I get around to actually starting, I'll likely organise a blog for it too (so all you lovely folks can watch me get steadily angrier at greenstuff that doesn't end up going the way I want it to).

But, anyone else with any ideas/comments? My brother laughed at me today for this idea. "nurgle doesn't have bats, and bats are halloween!". Just think I'll add now: It's more about autumn, and things decaying before they die in winter. The pumpkins will be droopy and dying just to reinforce this. Halloween is just for laughs, and Nurgle is indeed jovial.

Cheers, CG
    Last edited by Cannibal God; January 21st, 2011 at 16:19. Reason: I forget where I live sometimes...
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)