Painting shaved heads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting shaved heads

Hey folks,

The Vanguard veteran squad that I'm painting at the moment have mostly bare heads instead of helmets. I want each model to look like a seperate individual.

Trouble is, some of the basic SM heads that you can get look kinda samey with the same leathery, bald look. Are there any good tutorials about how to paint stubble and shaved heads?

I am also using heads from other SM armies and converting some Scout heads or maximum variety, but there are at least three baldies in this unit that I'd like to differentiate.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Well from what I have seen, you have Newly shaved heads, heads that are shaved daily, and then you have the 1 day stubble type heads.

For the first, you have to remember that theses guys have had hair blocking the sun for quite some time. So the tops of their heads will look significantly paler than their face.

For the second, well, the top of the head gets as much sun as the face, so it would be the same coloring.

For the third, imagine painting day old stubble onto the face, instead paint it in a hair line on the head. Stippling might be best here.

also, for diversity, add the one day beard growth randomly through your ranks, mixed with the top three choices, and you will have 6 varieties for each head type.

+ Reply to Thread