Magnetic primer - an anti-recommendation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Magnetic primer - an anti-recommendation

I bought some rustoleum magnetic primer to apply to my custom Games workshop movement trays. It took about 8 THICK layers to get enough pull force to hold up a model. After drying for 2 weeks, I put my models on the trays. 7 days later I took my models off the tray and the primer pulled off the trays where the magnets were. It is still a very soft surface. It took forever to apply and all I have to show for it is a big swiss cheesy mess for trays.

Since I didn't wash the trays, that might have made it better, as it is possible that the mold release agent was still on the trays and interfered with the binding but still I would not recommend using this product on plastic.
    If anyone has had better luck, please post your experience.

I need to find an old refridgerator door I can cut up because my models stick to that amazingly. Or maybe some magnetic roofing material, but all I have ever been able to find is aluminum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Just get some steel paper and cut that up for your movement tray. Thats what I use.

+ Reply to Thread