40k Imperial guard snow camo chimera. (pictures!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

40k Imperial guard snow camo chimera. (pictures!)

Hey, I wanted to know what you guys thought about my snow camo theme on my tank and if you think it looks like it needs something more/some weathering.

Then I'll hopefully paint the rest of my tanks up the same for a fully painted force!

Please note that the model itself is not finished and that some parts of the model are heavily reconstructed or battle damaged to cover up the Horrendously built glue covered monstrosity it once was (bought it second hand from a friend.)

Anyway, comments and criticism please, I'm not the best painter but i'm trying to better myself

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Thats not a bad colour scheme at all. Nice and simple, which is what camo often is, just a simple blend of colours. I quite like it. How long did it take you to do this? If not long then it'll be helpful for getting a load done up quickly and still look good.

The only thing that bothers me is the blue side to the turret. It just looks a bit boring. I'd prefer to see some sort of marking, like maybe a stripe. Something a little more dynamic anyway. It doesn't have to be complicated, but it just looks a bit too plain a the moment. Spice it up a bit!
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    Thats not a bad colour scheme at all. Nice and simple, which is what camo often is, just a simple blend of colours. I quite like it. How long did it take you to do this? If not long then it'll be helpful for getting a load done up quickly and still look good.
    I suspect that, done in a batch, stage by stage, it could indeed be quite quick to paint them all up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is the blue side to the turret. It just looks a bit boring. I'd prefer to see some sort of marking, like maybe a stripe. Something a little more dynamic anyway. It doesn't have to be complicated, but it just looks a bit too plain a the moment. Spice it up a bit!
    What would you suggest? I was planning to put symbols/numbers of the blue turret sides but I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions first

...Also, what about vendettas, do people think this is a suitable scheme for flyers, or would I have to change it?
    Last edited by Triorchin; February 9th, 2011 at 23:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I really don't see the snow camo.. Honestly, this looks more suited for Urban areas. Remember, camo is designed to break up the pattern of whatever is being camouflaged. In this case, all the shading and highlights still follow the normal lines of the tank.

Nothing wrong with this, if this is what you are trying to accomplish appearance wise.. But if you are really looking to do a snow camo, then this might be more what you are looking for:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Sorry.. duplicate
    Last edited by MarxusTharin; February 11th, 2011 at 06:16.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)