Dipping questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

Dipping questions

Hi all- I've done a bit of dipping before but I am gearing up to dip a large IG army but first wanted to ask a few questions to make sure everything goes smoothly.

1. Have any of you tried to "brush dip" vehicles? If so, how well does that work?

2. If you notice that there is some pooling somewhere you missed after the dip dries, is there anything you can really do?

3. I had been using minwax polyshades antique walnut and it has worked well, but wanted to know if the dips available from armypainter.com are any better? Seems like basically the same thing on the surface.

4. Does GW's matte varnish do the same thing as armypainter.com's anti-shine?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

Never tried to prush dip a vehicle before.
    on a plastic model not really.. any varnish remover would definitely damage the plastic.
    I have tried both no difference although the antique walnut is probably comparable to the strong tone. Tudor black is probably comparable to the Dark tone.
    It is comparable to testors dull coat

+ Reply to Thread