Rhino Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rhino Idea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Rhino Idea

I've been part building my Rhino chassis with the intention of magnetising the roof and top hatches so that I can switch between each hull being a Rhino or a Razorback depending on what I wanted to field for that game.

I had already got my hands on enough spare Razorback sprues that I have both a Lascannon and a Heavy Bolter turret for each chassis, but looking at a dry built Razorback I had an idea for my Rhinos.

Larger picture here.

A Rhino only had one firing port, so why not have this as a single hardened hatch at the back rather than the big doors the miniature currently has.

In the picture above I used a 2p piece to support the hatch, but for the actual thing I could build something similar to the razorback turret base out of plasticard.

If I cut a hole in this base to make sure the hatch can sit in like it does above the drivers compartment, I would be able to switch these around freely.

SO what do you reckon? A good idea, or does it just not look right to you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did this once but i think it was more of a predator, cant remember as its been a while since i got my DA case out..
    Easiest solution i found was to not glue the top hatch into the brackets.. and if u have more of the hatches lying around make a normal rhino one (flat) and a razorback one (with the gun) and they just pop in and are easily interchangeable..

Hope this helps and makes sense to you x
    Join The Imperial Guard, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

+ Reply to Thread