Applying Varnish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

24 (x1)

Applying Varnish

I'm nearing completion of a figure I have spent an enormous amount of time on, Problem is, its a gaming figure so it needs a good coat of varnish, and one thing is for sure I am not using GW purity seal.(my B13 will swear to that )

I have gotten my hands on on some Army Painter, anti shine matt varnish I've been told yields good results when applied properly.

My question is, how do I do this?

I have heard you should apply a layer of gloss varnish first, is that true?
    And the basing of the model before or after?

I have an army of orks I don't play much with any more who have "volunteered" to test it out, before I use it on Siege.

But for the sake of the orks please give me some advice. Thanks

"We's da best at drive into shooting"
    Wazzog warboss of the piledrivers

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Rugby, UK
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by piledriver View Post
    my B13 will swear to that )
    What is a B13?

I base my models depending on what the piece is either before or after painting the rest of the model, but before the varnish.
    I always use spray varnish, and never use gloss varnish (except on lenses and gems to give them a deliberate shine - and when I do this it's with a brush and goes ON TOP of the matt varnish already applied to the mini).

Does that help at all?

By the way - I've never had a problem with purity seal. What IS a B13??? - Outlanders Gaming Club (Rugby, UK) - AA Studios, Commission based painting studios.

+ Reply to Thread