Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, this tyrannofex is not my idea. I took the idea form somewhere else and did some minor modifications. Either way enjoy
So, now the big question how it was done. No pictures on the walk through but ill explain it the best I can.
What is needed:
Carnifex back palte
Carnifex back legs
Carnifex crushing claw
Carnifex tusked head
Any bits of carnifex gun, venom cannon works nicely.
1. Trim all the bits so they are all neat.
2. Assemble the bits, this must be done so the carnifex torso is leaning forward not standing upright, have its underside with the "rib cage" facing dialectally to the ground.
3. Glue the torso in place to the back legs, then take the crushing claws and cut off the actual claws and then re-glue them so they are positioned as in the pictures. (this is purely for more support)
4. The second army sockets behind the crushing claws were filled with small scything talons.
6. Now for the gun. Roll up a big bit of glue tack and form a cylindrical shape to the size you want, then down the barrel of the gun attach the pieces of venom cannon or which ever gun you selected. Chuck in greenstuff were you think it needs to be neatened up.
7. Attach the gun to the back plates of the fex body. Then attatch/greenstuff the second back plate over the gun and leave to dry for awhile.
6. Attach the tusked head.
7. The tail will be done easier by just using greenstuff, just curl it around and attach the end of the tryogn tail, nothing to fancy.
And that makes you an amazing model.
that is one nasty looking bug, im looking forward to seeing it with paint
My ToP - raven gaurd <- cliky
Raven Guard W/13 D/7 L/5
Thanks, but I need to finish painting my newly acquired space wolves army AND my eldar army before I start this guy. So now more models for me :3
I wonder if there would be anything different I could use for the inner barrel of the gun. I really like the idea and look of it, but don't happen to have any glue tack at the moment.