Vallejo Paints question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vallejo Paints question

Hey guys, so I've been researching vallejo paints lately and I think I'm going to convert to them (game colour and model air paint lines).

Just wondering where you folks tend to order them online?
    Or would I be better off picking them up from a local hobby shop.
    A canadian online store would be best, but North American is fine.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Do a search in google's shopping tab for vallejo for Canada only stores?

Convert because they are cheaper.

Convert because they are better. Well GW foundation paints are still irreplaceable. I have the Vallejo ones and they are pretty average as it goes. Also the GW washes are good, haven't got on well at all with the vallejo ones they dry leaving a chalky residue everywhere., although the pale grey wash from vallejo is an awesome way to do quick and very effective white cloth in particular.

Convert because they come in dropper bottles and you can make EXACT mixes of colours everytime.

Also the model air metallics are beyond amazing.

Personally I buy them online. There are plenty of online stores that sock them cheaper than any place I have ever seen on the highstreet. I only buy from a local store if I desperately need a particular paint.

Damien
    Last edited by MrDee; April 6th, 2011 at 14:11.
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Also as you live in Canada maybe give Reaper Master Series paints a look in to, they are exceptional. I live in the UK and even buying them from Texas having them shipped to the UK and paying import charges (if I am unlucky) works out cheaper than driving 10 miles to Torquay GW to buy GW paints and they are far superior

The guy at awesomepaintjob on youtube did a price comparison on paints etc and GW faired terribly both in quality and they were considerably more expensive than anything else.
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually watched that video, very informative and thanks a lot for the input... I'm leaning towards vallejo just because I've heard more praise about them than reaper, I saw one canadian online store (elmcityhobbies.com) but their selection on the some paints is a little lacking... I may try TheWarStore.com Home Page as I've heard good things although the shipping is $25 or so to here.

+ Reply to Thread