Updated Necron theme!!! <Pics Included> - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated Necron theme!!! <Pics Included>

Hello, I posted here a couple of weeks ago with my color scheme for my necrons. No one seemed to approve of it. If no one remembers here is the pic of my old theme.

Well after lots of research and a little bit of inspiration from another fellow member. Here are the new results of my new and improved color scheme.

The Second picture is taken with flash so you can see the crystal and portal a little better.

All in all I love the Eyptian look 100x better than my old bright toy looking theme.

What do you guys think of my new theme? Try not to kick me to hard as im still a beginner in the painting world.

***Inspiration from this theme was from H0urG1ass!***

Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is fantastic. Good to see some different necrons, giving them some personality that they lack usually. Very well done!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Love the look of the new paint job
    I would however look at the crystal and portal as they should be green, but i dont think that would work with the rest of the paint job. I know you dont need to have them that colour but i dont think black works TBH.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Very nice, a huge improvement over the previous schemes.

Maybe it's the pics, but the black areas on the 'Lith seem very... I dunno, empty? Especially the crystal. There's all this attention paid to the rest, then the black is just a nothing area.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the second monolith picture you can see the crystal better. I primed it the. Painted it black followed by some gloss varnish to make it shine. It's suppose to represent obsidian. As for the dark portions of the monolith I still need to highlight that section.

There is no way I was keeping the green portal and crystal. It just looked completely out of place. I was debating turning the obsidian red to match the rest of the army and rods but I thought it would turn out to bright.

Thanks for the responses. I feel good knowing I did a good job as I'm just an amateur painter.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

I agree with you - no to green.
    Needs to be dark but with maybe some highlights so it looks special as its just BLACK!
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thanks. It looks black in the pictures but it's actually done in tin bitz. I need to do some copper highlighting still but I have no copper paint ATM. I appreciate everyones loving my new theme. I just had to do something other than metal. Also I didn't want to use the standard green rods.
    Egyptian Crons
    (W/L/D)
    23/5/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what everyone else is on about, I quite like the black gem. That shine makes it look fantastic!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Friar View Post
    I don't know what everyone else is on about, I quite like the black gem. That shine makes it look fantastic!
    Yeah, the black gem shining is a good solution to give it luster...I also agree no to green. You have red rods (so do I) and you don't mix the two colors/technologies. You might consider what I IM'd you about, a red chandalier crystal. I did the wider single 2.5" crystal, but if I had to do again I would cluster 3 thinner 3" crystals together...

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

They look great man! Glad you liked the theme!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast