Skaven Warplightning Cannon and Chieftain - First Paint Job - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Skaven Warplightning Cannon and Chieftain - First Paint Job

Hey guys,

Here is my first Skaven paint job of the new-ish Warplightning Cannon they released January, as well as a Chieftain for my army, which was actually my first ever painted miniature. Tell me what you think.
    I find it easier to paint war machines for some reason.

The Warlord

Skaven Chieftain.jpgP1000313.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Probably easier to paint warmachines because they're bigger

The cannon looks pretty good, though - the warpstone, the corroded metal, all very nice.

The pic of the Skaven Warlord doesn't seem the best, but from what I can see he still looks pretty good.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Haha yeah

Thanks umm yeah the Warlord I had to use my old camera, hence the weird lighting and poorer quality. I've told myself I have to paint 50 Clanrats before my next character :-\ after that only 200 more Skaven to go

I am hoping to improve with my Skaven painting. Maybe later I'll find time to get a pic of my Tyranid Warrior Brood with a Tyranid Prime once I have finally finished them. I was told by my local store to use a technique of multiple thin layers of painting to highlight instead of one thicker layer.

I suppose you can only get better with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

The lightning cannon looks really nice. Have you thought about applying a wash onto the wood. It would give it a worn down look that happens after years of battle.
    5000 pts of WoC, 5000 pts of Orcs and now 3000 pts of Ogres...What was I thinking ????

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    I was told by my local store to use a technique of multiple thin layers of painting to highlight instead of one thicker layer.
    I suppose you can only get better with experience.
    Both very true statements! The multiple thin layers can be incredibly annoying sometimes, takes a lot of patience but is definitely worth it in the end.

I think having to paint 200 Skaven is why I've never started a skaven army - Good luck with them all!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Yeah I'll give the wash a try. Come to think of it, I'd much prefer a darker, more rotten-looking wood - it would suit the Skaven perfectly

Yes, very annoying that's why you don't do it with every model. I'm just going to do a simple scheme for my hordes and leave the layering for my characters and any big monsters or machines.

Haha yes I will need it. I have paused my painting of my Skaven because it is already way out of hand, and I don't want my nids to be in that situation. But I am sure Grey Knights will be a nice break from swarm armies - it's one where I can make every model look great.

+ Reply to Thread