Armies on Parade - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    (Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Armies on Parade

So, those of you unlucky enough to have read my latest project update, I shall be entering Armies on Parade. Just wanted an idea of who was entering this year on LO? Surely there are a few of us around. Post here with your ideas, maybe get some feedback and maybe get a sneak peak at your opposition for that trophy

What's Armies on Parade you say? Well, AoP is basically an army display board. 2' by 2' square (Citadel Gameboard pieces are perfect for this), needs minimum two units and a character, can be any game system (even LOTR), painted, based and can include other terrain pieces you can put on.

Armies on Parade - the second Chapter | 2011-05-13 07:340.0 | What's New Today | Games Workshop

Should explain it.

So, to start discussions and because I'm a hardcore narcissist (That's a joke, promise ), here's my idea: Get 200 zombies and 40 Grave Guard, Vampires, Necromancers and maybe, just maybe a Varghulf named Anthony. Have them set up like they've just risen/reawakened and have them walking out of a crypt/mausoleum/haunted manor. Maybe include a graveyard (with the obligatory zombies rising up), some trees, depends how much space I have, and how much of the army is finished.

For Australia, mine has to be ready by September or something like that. Have my name down for a 2' by 2' piece of game board already. I'll post pictures in my thread as it's constructed.

Cheers, CG

If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Maybe I might be doing one. It would give me a chance to get Wood Elves and paint them well WITHOUT having to play with them.

I was thinking for mine a winter Athel Loren scene, with Dryads and Treemen emerging from the woods, plenty of trees, and then Orion and his Battle Goats-- I mean special wolf things-- standing on a stone step or something like that.

Or maybe not. I have a lot of things to pay for, and with Trumpet and music being my first priority after paying bills and loans, then my normal allocation of hobby, I might not be able to have an entry.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

162 (x3)

Oooh, reply!

Yeah, same problem with the money here. It'd be great to recreate Hel Fenn, with a rotted and haunted mansion out in the marshes, but it's going to be very, very difficult to recreate. And even harder to find the money.

I've had my ear to the ground with my local store, and I don't think many are entering. So it might just be possible for me to go through to the next round or whatever. Have you heard anything about your area?
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Yes, I have so many different ideas. It is just that for this kind of thing to be worth it, you have to invest a lot of time and money - two things I don't have.

I don't have a local GW store for 30km, but that is down at Parramatta (near Sydney, if you are unsure), but I do have a local independent store. They are doing it tough at this current time, I hope they don't close down and I don't even know whether the manager will enter this. Not many people are from my area.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

162 (x3)

Guess we'll just have to try and make do, I'll put in some extra shifts at work or something... If only those damn GW tables (the 2' square sections...) weren't so damn expensive!

I know where it is (noticed an increase in the number of Australian players on LO. Don't know if they've always been there, or I've just noticed them more in the last year), that sucks man...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I'm doing it full time already I don't see my family much during the week. I get to there at 6 and get home at 6, and I also have a family to support. Kind of hard to do it. I also need to get someone to do it with me because those gameboard extensions have 2 2' by 2' blocks. Still, $75 for the block, $15 at for one pot of snow, about $100 to get all the trees done. So that's $200 without even starting the army. So no, I most likely will not be able to do it.

+ Reply to Thread