Bad Weather conditions & Priming? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Weather conditions & Priming?

Hey guys,

I intended to prime some of my newer models today after work, but of course the forecast for my area this entire week will be rain! I intend to do the priming in my garage with the windows and the garage door open for ventilation, and it can get awfully muggy in there. Do you think there will be any problem due to the mugginess/humidity? Should I wait until the weather clears up or will it not be much of a problem? Hopefully some of you have some experience at this, and thanks for your help !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

Well, I've primed on a balcony during rain and it worked fine for me perhaps not as good result as priming in nice weather but hey, it worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Just try to spray as evenly as you can, and don't expose the models for too long to the humidity. Warm is alright; the humidity is the worry here.

Try to move as quickly as possible. However, don't sacrifice quality for time. Try to find a good balance, and everything will be just fine.
    Also, I'm sure you weren't going to, but don't let your models dry there. Bring them somewhere with a steady room temperature.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

use a nice large box cardboard box with some thick newspaper on the bottom of it as a spray booth and it'll be just fine, if it gets too bad stand a fan about a foot and a half away from the models after spraying and leave it on the low setting to circulate the air a bit.
    Come see my Necrons, Space Marines, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins and anything else I feel like painting at my blog: http://modelminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys thanks for the advice, I ended up priming a few models but my spray can ended up running out anyhow! Darn things I guess now I know how much I can get out of one! haha thanks a lot though now I can start to finish my 30 squads of boyz

+ Reply to Thread